Friday, March 21, 2008

Global Warming

Anonymous,
I can't say that I'm an expert when it comes to this topic, but I do know that it is going on. I see it all around me. The weather in California (and the rest of the world) has gone crazy, and just yesterday, when I was driving to a higher elevation, I saw the cloud of smog that was hanging over the city. It is actually kind of depressing to think of how we are killing our own home. Yes I do believe that Global Warming is something we, humans, have caused. It is our fault the polar ice caps are melting, it is our fault the weather is so wacky. It would seem we are really out to get ourselves. It's not just the pollution, of course. By killing the worlds vegetation (e.g. the forest) we ruin our atmosphere. How so? What was it that made our atmosphere breathable/ livable (are those words) in the first place? That very thing. Plants made it possible for humans and other life forms who breath in oxygen (everything else) to exist. What keeps our atmosphere breathable? Plants. It's simple logic: by killing plants we kill OURSELVES AND the rest of the WORLD!
Aren't we idiots?
I will go to the extreme to say that we are all murderers. We are cold blooded killers! We are killing ourselves.
However, I, being a tree hugger and animal lover (life lover actually), am more concerned with the rest of the living creatures that share this planet with us. Our neighbors. Actually roommates is a better term for them. If we wiped ourselves out, it really wouldn't hurt our roommates very much. Once upon a time they lived just fine without us. I'm sure they could do it again. But now let's consider how they have faired since we became roomies; many a species has gone extinct because of us, possibly as far back as the mammoth, many more are on the endangered species list (maybe it should be renamed the death list?), and yet we continue destroying their home, their very existence. This isn't just "wild" creature either. Domestic creatures have suffered because of us as well. A few weeks ago i heard that in Japn they stuffed kittens into tiny jars for decoration. For decoration! And they kept them alive purposefully, for decoration! The thought itself is disgusting. I saw a single image of it, but that was enough. After that my stomach couldn't take it. Google it if you think you have the stomach for it.
Anyway, we need to do something to help nature out. We must become more conservative with the way we take from our environment. I wont tell you to go back in time to live in a cave, I will admit myself that i wouldn't be willing to do that, but we have to find some middle ground. Keep in mind that Earth, our home, heals irself, mush like our bodies, but, like our bodies, it can only heal so fast, and if we hurt it/take from it too fast it won't be able to heal itself. We must give it a chance. In name of our home and bethren, please give our home a chance.
P.S. If you are one of those people who don't care about what happens to our neighbors, then think about what will happen to you if our home crumbles and falls. Just think about it.

2 comments:

Arekandro. said...

eii que tal??
muchas gracias por comentar y eso ^^
pues no se si la odio, es una forma de hablar, pero no me gusta nada.
Si le guardo un poco de rencor es por muchas cosas, simplemente imaginate lo que se podria hacer con el dinero que usan las cofradias para crear esos cristos i tal..siente mucha devocion por ver sus figuras religiosas paseandose por la calle, y podrian mostras mas devocion por otros problemas del mundo, y gastarse las cantidades millonarias en eso...pero bueno, cada uno piensa como quiere, y hay que respetarlo =)

Bueno y eso, es interesante vivir en tu futuro no??
mañana te dire lo que pasara proximamente =P
un saludo i cuidese!

Arekandro. said...

lo de los huevos de chocolate me parece muchisimo mejor =)
mmm pues se lo basico de ingles, algo de frances, y me defiendo un poco con el portugues...pero no mucho mas ^^
pero la tripulacion del crucero es de habla hispana, asi que por lo menos ahi no habra mucho problema con el idioma =P