I am so lonely. Not a single comment. I have to admit though that i hovent done much to advertise this. Of course i also havent written anything of interest, so anyone (if anyone) has strayed onto this blog, they have no reason to comment.
Today i got into an argument with my AP Statistics teacher. He insists that parents should push their children into not only obtaining an education, but also to reach for the stars, so to speak. In other words, he thinks that parents should try to coerce their children into obtaining straight A's. I completely disagree. As i told him, not everyone is academically inclined, and not everyone can pull the straight A's routine off. It's illogical to expect this from anyone. He argued that with some motivation every child is capable of this. I disagree with this notion as well because if the child (lets stop calling them a child, lets say person instead), if this person doesn't motivate him or herself then they aren't going to accept motivation from someone else. It's follows the same logic as the idea that if you dont trust yourself how are you going to trust others?
What do you think? Do you agree with me, or do you agree with my teacher, or do you think we are both bogus? Give me your ideas and I'll give you mine.
See ya!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey,
I don't know what to say about that, but what do you think about global warming?
Post a Comment