Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hey There!

Its been over a month. What can I say; college is keeping me busy. Nothing new on that frontier. Well except all the new facts flooding my brain.



I was just reading some of my previous posts and I came across "April 25: National Day of Silence". I was thinking back to how it felt. I can't wait to do it again this year. Here in college I have found a stronger voice than the one I had before. I guess it's because of all the new knowledge and awareness that I have gained. I simply feel stronger. I have also found that people really like to study and work with me because of it. I have turned into one of those students who tends to talk more than the professor. :D. But anyway, I was just thinking that it will be a greater experience next year because of my new-found louder voice. It is strange though; through the act of not speaking for an entire day we (those who participate in National Day of Silence) make ourselves heard, but there are those poor souls who cannot talk, who cannot voice their thoughts, who go completely unnoticed. It's a little backwards.

On a different note, let's talk about politics. I'm voting for Obama! There I've said it. There's no taking it back. I had been hesitant on making my choice; I was trying to keep an open mind until everything that has happened and what still has to happen did. In other words, I was going to keep and open mind to both major parties candidates until all was said and done. But then I, along with the rest of the United States, met Sarah Palin. She was the straw that broke the cammels back, so to speak. So long as McCain has that woman as her vice president, he has no chance of winning my vote. (Not that he had much of a chance before). By no means is Palin prepared to be the next VP. What experience does she have? None. Now I know that Obama's experience is limited as well but consider this: 1) Obama is a senator, meaning he has some experience, and 2) Palin is someone we had never heard of! I don't know what everyone else thinks, but being a governor is a completely different thing than being VP of the US of A.
Moving away from basics, lets talk about how Palin wants to approve offshore drilling. McCain wants her to take reins on our energy crisis! Now what do think will come of that? As they are so charmingly putting it, "Drill, baby drill!". Think about the impact on our environment. This about the habitats that will be destroyed. The pollution, not only from oil spills but also from chemicals that will be drilled out right along with the oil, many of which are well known carcinogens and asthma-inducers.

Well I'll have to get back to this. As of right now I have to finish some research before it gets any later.

More on offshore drilling to come. In the mean time check out this site:
http://www.kqed.org/w/youdecide/offshore_drilling/

No comments: